CRM 2011 & Data Migration Manager RRS feed

• Question

• I have data that I need to import. This data has some fields like created on and others that need to be set to a past date and not when they were imported. It is my understanding that in CRM 4 the only way to do this was with the Data Migration Manager. However, according to what I read that tool is not available anymore in CRM 2011. So how can I import records with past dates or modify those date fields?

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 11:23 PM

Answers

• Yes, or Scribe, or the database directly (don't do that).

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:59 PM

All replies

• Hi dear hfaun

You can find a "Override Created on or Created by for Records during Data Import" in Business Management section of security setting.

You will be able to write a past date for Created.

Best regards

希意禧(上海)系统有限公司 CRM销售顾问 guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn 我们为在中日企提供专业的ERP和CRM解决方案,有兴趣请电邮查询。 シーイーシー(上海) CRM営業コンサルタント guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn弊社は在中日系企業に専門的なERPやCRMソリューションをご提供します。お気軽にメールください。 http://blog.vsharing.com/guo_crm/
    • Proposed as answer by Leo_GUO Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:35 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:35 AM
  • The link that Gonzalo suggest is for 4.0 and not 2011.  Is there a way to import (insert) Created On, Created By and all GUIDs as well?

I'm working on moving data between Dev, QA, Staging and Production environments (Organizations).  It would be nice if this data was consistent across all environments.

Louis
    Monday, August 1, 2011 3:54 PM
  • You can override Created On (in fact, the field is called OverrideCreatedOn in the db), but not Created By (because by definition, you are creating the record) and the GUID (which is a system setting).  You shouldn't need to do anything specific with those, however.  As long as your users are consistent among the deployments, Owner should get you what you want for consistency in testing.
    The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
    Monday, August 1, 2011 4:18 PM
  • I too am trying to do this using the CRM 2011 Online Import Data Wizard.  The OverrideCreatedOn attribute does not seem to be available for mapping. Can you only use this via the SDK?
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 11:23 AM
  • Yes, or Scribe, or the database directly (don't do that).

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:59 PM