none
RedirectMediaAsync RRS feed

• Question

• this.Workflow.TelephonySession.RedirectMediaAsync("????");

What excatly does this method do? It takes a string parameter?

Monday, July 30, 2007 11:33 PM

Answers

• This method sends a reINVITE (or responds to a reINVITE, if it is called from the RedirectMediaRequested event.)

The argument is the new SDP you want to advertise. This method is primarily useful if you want to redirect the media to a fax endpoint. (Note that MSS itself has no support for T38, so you would need to implement that yourself.)

In the RedirectMediaCompletedEventArgs, you will be passed the SDP returned by the far-end. Note that we do not expose to you the original SDP that was negotiated by MSS, nor do we allow you to send another reINVITE to bring the media back to MSS; once you redirect the media, the speech session can no longer be used.

Dan

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:17 AM

All replies

• This method sends a reINVITE (or responds to a reINVITE, if it is called from the RedirectMediaRequested event.)

The argument is the new SDP you want to advertise. This method is primarily useful if you want to redirect the media to a fax endpoint. (Note that MSS itself has no support for T38, so you would need to implement that yourself.)

In the RedirectMediaCompletedEventArgs, you will be passed the SDP returned by the far-end. Note that we do not expose to you the original SDP that was negotiated by MSS, nor do we allow you to send another reINVITE to bring the media back to MSS; once you redirect the media, the speech session can no longer be used.

Dan

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:17 AM
  • Thanks! I'm looking at this for redirecting the caller to hear streaming audio.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:21 AM
  • I have 2 questions regarding RedirectMediaAsync:

1.If from my new SDP I will send another reINVITE to bring the media back to MSS is Workflow will continue from previos point or it will start new call?

2.Are you have samples for implement own SDP ( I need it for media recording) ?

Thanks
    Thursday, May 1, 2008 6:53 AM
  • 1. When you redirect the media away, your Workflow application continues to execute, but you can't use any activities that try to access media (e.g. Statement, QA).  As Dan says above, Speech Server does not support redirecting the media back to Speech Server; once it's gone, it's gone.

2. Nope, sorry.

Thursday, May 1, 2008 9:03 AM