CRM 2013 - Creating thermometer chart or adding a target line to column chart RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm currently setting up a dashboard for some of our users and am having trouble with some charts.

In Lists on the dashboard I will have a list of every Phone Call activity the User has created in 30 days. On the right of the list, I want to have a chart that shows the count of calls the user has made in comparison to our hard set goal.

Ideally, I'd like to see a thermometer that has the full target "28 calls" for example, and then as they create the calls, the thermometer fills up. I would be just fine if I could create a typical column chart that would have a line going across the Y Axis at the target point though.

I will be unable to use the goal features of the CRM for this as they do not recalculate in real-time and this makes it absolutely unusable for our purposes.

In addition, I do know how to export the chart xml and make modifications before re-importing. I am just having trouble finding examples of anything like what I am trying to achieve here. I would greatly appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

John

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:26 PM

All replies

• If the "full target" is a field on the User's record, or the Business Unit, you can add that field to the view of phone calls in the last 30 days.

In the chart editor, then select the "full target" field and set the aggregate to average. That will display the target as 28. Add a second series that display the count of phone calls. Then you have both the target and the last 30 days actual next to each other. You may need to remove a secondary Y axis via xml editing.

In regards to making it look like a thermometer, I don't have any concrete examples, but you may find some inspiration on this blog post. Advanced Campaign Performance Chart in MS CRM

Ulrik,
    Blog: http://crmchartguy.wordpress.com - Exclusively for MS CRM Charts
    Twitter: crmchartguy

Monday, July 7, 2014 8:08 PM