CPU-Z and CPU Burn-In RRS feed

• Question

• I'm going to be upgrading the CPU in my MSS this weekend, but first I wanted to run CPU-Z prior to and after the upgrade.....and also run CPU Burn-In.  The only thing, is I'm not sure how to install them.  I placed both programs in the software share folder, then remote desktop into the server to run them, but kept getting an error message.  Is there a certain procedure that I'm overlooking?

SilkRod

Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:27 AM

Answers

•  FireTech wrote:
    Both of those apps run direct off a USB thumb drive without a problem (on my SC430 at least).

Thanks FireTech.  That took care of it......both apps are running off a USB drive.

SilkRod

Saturday, April 26, 2008 10:00 AM
  • Both of those apps run direct off a USB thumb drive without a problem (on my SC430 at least).
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:08 PM

All replies

• 1. Possibly this a permissions problem. Check permissions and / or move the apps to a folder outside the shares.

2. It's also posible you can not run these apps in TS session. To test you can either

A. Use KVM

B. Use tsmmc.msc

1. Once you have established RDP session to your WHS do Start, Run, type tsmmc.msc and hit Enter

2. Add new connection, making sure "Connect to console" is checked.

3. Once connected try running the programs again.

3. If you use Trend Micro Internet Security on your client, and if you're running a beta version of WHS (RC1 or older) or if you didn't apply all updates to the OEM install the files won't run on the server. If you TS into the server and then download the files it should be fine.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:38 AM
  •  brubber wrote:

1. Possibly this a permissions problem. Check permissions and / or move the apps to a folder outside the shares.

2. It's also posible you can not run these apps in TS session. To test you can either

A. Use KVM

B. Use tsmmc.msc

1. Once you have established RDP session to your WHS do Start, Run, type tsmmc.msc and hit Enter

2. Add new connection, making sure "Connect to console" is checked.

3. Once connected try running the programs again.

3. If you use Trend Micro Internet Security on your client, and if you're running a beta version of WHS (RC1 or older) or if you didn't apply all updates to the OEM install the files won't run on the server. If you TS into the server and then download the files it should be fine.

1.  A folder outside the shares?  Do you mean place them on the "D" drive?

Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:44 AM
  •  SilkRod wrote:
    1.  A folder outside the shares?  Do you mean place them on the "D" drive?

D should be fine. Personally I prefer to use C drive or a drive which is not added to the storage pool for third party apps.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:24 PM
  • Both of those apps run direct off a USB thumb drive without a problem (on my SC430 at least).
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:08 PM
  •  FireTech wrote:
    Both of those apps run direct off a USB thumb drive without a problem (on my SC430 at least).

Thanks FireTech.  That took care of it......both apps are running off a USB drive.

SilkRod

Saturday, April 26, 2008 10:00 AM