MOC 2007 cannont make A/V calls to MOC 2007 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an OCS R2 environment where I must use R1 clients on a portion of my machines (these machines still have windows 2000). I've encountered a problem when an R1 clients attempts to call an R2 client. The call fails with an "incompatible security setting" error. I'm sure that there is a reg key or maybe a patch to resolve this. Can someone tell me what the fix is?
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi OCS setup & deployment forum community
    I thought my issue was likely a common one and would be quickly answered by the wise folks here. I'm surprised that its been a few days with no responses at all. Can I get some comment to this issue? SURELY one of the wise MVP's on this site has some ideas about what's going on!

I suspect that the media encryption has changed from 2007 to 2007 R2. I haven't had the chance to experiment with the pc2pcav security settings.
    The OCS 2007 R2 supportability guide says that the OCS 2007 (R1) client is supported, and doesn't say anything about media incompatibility.

Can someone please respond to this thread & let me know if you've seen this before and what may be going on?

Thanks to all,
    bradpr

Sunday, October 25, 2009 5:32 PM
  • In case you need it, here's some more info:

Client A is running Windows 2000, SP4, with MOC 2007 (R1) with the July 2009 update pack
    Client B is running XP SP2, MOC 2007 R2 with the June 2009 update pack

The OCS Front End is EE,2007 R2

When client A calls client B or vice versa using voice or video, both clients display an "incompatible security" error when the call is answered

Sunday, October 25, 2009 5:36 PM