Able to download only Inserts but not syncing any updates to existing records. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Microsoft sync services to sync my mobile client application. Every time I insert a new row and call sync function, it is syncing the added  row. But if I update any values for the existing rows and call sync function, it is not syncing any thing. I also added Filter on two of my columns to the sync services. It would be great if someone can suggest a solution for this.

Thank you,

Divya
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 3:51 PM

Answers

• you should still follow the steps I described above to use the changesSelected and ApplyingChanges event to narrow down the cause and then look further to what the issue is. following on this structured way will be better for a long run. please refer to this http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=16515 on how to use the events on the sqlceclientprovider and sqlserverproviders.

thanks

yunwen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by DivyaKolli Friday, July 29, 2011 7:55 PM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:33 PM

All replies

• Are you using the Sync 4.0 CTP release? On the client side, are you using the Windows Mobile 6.x sample, or Windows Phone 7?
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:00 PM
  • I am using Microsoft sync framework v1 SP1 and windows mobile 6.5
    Divya
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:25 PM
  • Besides the cases JuneT shared above. you can check a few things to identify the cause of "uploads not be sync-ed while inserts can". essentially please check on:

1. if the changes was made to the sync-ed tables.

2. if the changes were selected from the local sql ce database, you can use the changesSelected Event to check on this

3. if the changes were sent to the server side , you can use the applyingChanges at the server side provider

4. if the changes can applied the backend sql server, you can check the update commands or use sql profiler to trace the queries for the change application.

hope those can help identify the issue and put a fix to it.

thanks

yunwen

Saturday, July 23, 2011 5:21 PM
  • My sync direction is already Bidirectional. 
    Divya
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:50 PM
  • In my case, i am updating some rows on my server and when i sync from the client those updates are not shown. However, if i insert any row on the server and sync from client, i can see the changes on my mobile. 

I am trying to debug the issue from what you have explained but I got stuck again. How can i see the results from the Update command. I just see that in the Designer.cs file IncrementalUpdatesCommand is given. But I can't find where the query is executed so that I can check the results of it. I also dont know where the ChangeTable is stored so that I can check directly if the updated rows are stored at all.

Please help.

Thank you,

Divya.

Divya
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:11 PM
  • you should still follow the steps I described above to use the changesSelected and ApplyingChanges event to narrow down the cause and then look further to what the issue is. following on this structured way will be better for a long run. please refer to this http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=16515 on how to use the events on the sqlceclientprovider and sqlserverproviders.

thanks

yunwen

• Marked as answer by DivyaKolli Friday, July 29, 2011 7:55 PM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:33 PM