Store Bought Renewal RRS feed

• Question

• My subscription was approaching expiration and while out shopping I bought a new copy of One Care (I forgot I could do it all through One Care on line). When I went to renew the subscription on line (I anticipated needing to enter the product key) it wanted payment again, so I uninstalled and re-installed and it still requires me to buy another copy. Is there a way I can activate the store bought copy so that I can use this as my renewal without paying for twice for the next year or service? Is there a place to plug in the product key?

Friday, April 11, 2008 12:54 AM

Answers

• You did not need to uninstall/reinstall. You simply needed to renew with the retail key.

Now that you reinstalled, by activating with the same LiveID, the new install inherited the subscription status of the existing subscription and you were not prompted for payment or a retail PIN/Key.

Go to http://billing.microsoft.com and sign in with your subscription LiveID. (Open OneCare and click help/about to view the subscription LiveID)

Select the OneCare subscription and click on the renew link.

Choose the option to renew with a prepaid PIN or token which is the retail product key.

Enter the 25 character key and proceed.

It can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare.

-steve

Friday, April 11, 2008 1:22 AM