Tuneup Is Intrusive. Help Please? RRS feed

• Question

• Although OneCare seems to be protecting my computer, I am unhappy with the interface and the apparent lack of ability to disable parts of the tuneup including virus scan and disk defrag.  I run these functions on my own and find that each time I turn the computer on to be reminded to do this is unacceptable.

Is there a way to turn these items off as even a 5-week cycle is enough to cause me to want to remove OneCare in deference to software that is more configurable.

Thanks in advance!

Sunday, August 24, 2008 2:01 PM

Answers

• The longest interval between tune ups that can be configured is four weeks and the longest interval for a virus scan is one week. Other than scheduling these events to occur at a time when you are not using your computer such as overnight there is no other option.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 4:24 PM

All replies

• The longest interval between tune ups that can be configured is four weeks and the longest interval for a virus scan is one week. Other than scheduling these events to occur at a time when you are not using your computer such as overnight there is no other option.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 4:24 PM
  • Jim1,

Thank you for your response.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 8:26 PM