Clear Alerts\Network Health RRS feed

• Question

• Is there anyway to remove\ clear out the alerts you recieve permanently once the've been rectified? I have some alerts from machines I no longer backup and everytime my WHS is rebooted the alerts reappear.

thanks.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 5:22 PM

Answers

• Well I tried that, didnt work. Went one step further and removed the computers, the alerts are still there. So everytime my WHS boots up its critical until I acknowledge these alerts from computers that dont exist anymore.

Although it shouldn't be necessary, the only other thing I would try is to run a Backup Cleanup (just in case there are any loose bits of that computer floating around in the system).  If, after removing the computers and cleaning up the backup database, you're still getting notifications, you should file a bug report on Connect.  There is no reason to ever receive any notifications for a non-existent computer.
    • Marked as answer by odesey Saturday, August 29, 2009 4:00 PM
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 2:03 PM

All replies

• Just turn off backups for those machines in the console:
    • Right click a computer in the console, Computers & Backup tab.
    • Select "Turn off backups"
    Do that for all computers that you no longer want to back up.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, August 28, 2009 5:36 PM
  • You can change the settings of the computers that you don't want to backup by going to the Computers and Backups tab in the console. Right click on the computer you don't want backups of and select turn off backups. You will keep the backups for the computer, but you will not receive notifications from the computer. I tested this on my WHS just now, so it should work for you.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 5:37 PM
  • Well I tried that, didnt work. Went one step further and removed the computers, the alerts are still there. So everytime my WHS boots up its critical until I acknowledge these alerts from computers that dont exist anymore.

Friday, August 28, 2009 5:55 PM
  • So I take it that the alerts aren't due to the computers not having been backed up recently? What are they about?
    Friday, August 28, 2009 5:58 PM
  • They are about them not having anti-virus, the firewall being turned off and automatic updates being turned off.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 6:02 PM
  • To fix that, you need to enable the features on the computers affected. It's not good practice to have computers without antivirus regardless.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 6:04 PM

Although it shouldn't be necessary, the only other thing I would try is to run a Backup Cleanup (just in case there are any loose bits of that computer floating around in the system).  If, after removing the computers and cleaning up the backup database, you're still getting notifications, you should file a bug report on Connect.  There is no reason to ever receive any notifications for a non-existent computer.
    • Marked as answer by odesey Saturday, August 29, 2009 4:00 PM
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 2:03 PM
  • You can go into the Windows Security Center and tell Windows to ignore those issues. At that point Windows Home Server should stop complaining. That's not recommended; all of those issues are serious ones, and may result in your home computers being infected with malware.
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 3:34 PM
  • The cleanup now option has resolved the issue. thanks for the help.
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 4:00 PM