CRM 2013: Add new custom PriceListItem View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we want to modify or add a view for our price list elements.
    The view schould show something like this:

ProductName  |  Price  |  Unit

But for whatever reason the views are not customizable at all, neither I can add my own view.
    Why?

How can I add at least one simple colum to it?

Osser

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:01 AM

Answers

• Osser,

Price List Item is not customizable so you cannot update/create views in a supported way. We had same issue in CRM 2011. Since it is not directly in Advanced Find you cannot create personal view also. One workaround would be to build an SSRS report to display the columns you need.

Consider posting a suggestion to MS on https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Monday, December 16, 2013 1:29 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Osser_ Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Osser_ Friday, December 20, 2013 7:26 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:49 PM
  • Hi,

1. To create a new public view, on the Actions toolbar, click or tap New .

2.  -Note : If the New button does not appear on the Actions toolbar, you can't add views for the entity you selected.

-------------------------

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by Suresh Sorde Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:02 AM
    • Edited by Suresh Sorde Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:24 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Osser_ Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:22 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1. To create a new public view, on the Actions toolbar, click or tap New .

2.  -Note : If the New button does not appear on the Actions toolbar, you can't add views for the entity you selected.

-------------------------

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by Suresh Sorde Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:02 AM
    • Edited by Suresh Sorde Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:24 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Osser_ Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:22 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:02 AM
  • Hi,

regarding answer 1)
    This is what i would like to do... but i can't. There is no such button.

regarding answer 2)
    This is the problem i face. You just repeated what i was asking for.

Lets rephrase it like this:
    If one creates a price list for products he/she also most probably likes to see a list with products and prices.  ;)
    Because this is what a product price list is for, right?

But neither the default views for price list items can get altered nor i can add a new one containing

ProductName  |  Price  |  Unit

How can I add a new view for the above mentioned columns/fields?
    This is what I want to know.

Osser

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:27 PM
  • Osser,

Price List Item is not customizable so you cannot update/create views in a supported way. We had same issue in CRM 2011. Since it is not directly in Advanced Find you cannot create personal view also. One workaround would be to build an SSRS report to display the columns you need.

Consider posting a suggestion to MS on https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Monday, December 16, 2013 1:29 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Osser_ Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:22 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:49 PM
  • Hi Osser,

There is only one answer in my previous post, that is highlighted on bold letters. first one is only to indicate the action toolbar.

you cant create/edit the personal view for the price list items as crm doesn't allow to do that.

For alternative you can follow the suggestion given by Mamatha Swamy by creating SSRS report.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:13 AM
  • Hi,

good point Suresh Sorde. I have added a Microsoft Connect suggestion for Dynamics CRM.

See here my Microsoft Connect suggestion

Osser

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 7:36 AM
  • It is possible that your security role does not have privileges to create or modify views. Please ensure that your security role has rights to perform that type of action.

Regards, Donna

Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:43 PM
  • CRM doesn't allow to edit few of entities and price list is one of them.

You cant create any custom/System views for this entity.

Instead of views you can create SSRS report for the same.

Hope this helps..let me know in case if you face any issue with this.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

DynCRM

• Edited by DynCRM Monday, December 16, 2013 12:37 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 12:34 PM
  • The buttons to edit the Price List Item Views are available in CRM 2013 but when you attempt to make the change, your changes are not saved.  It looks like you are stuck with the report option for now, if you want an OOB solution or you could extend the platform and create shadow type Price List item records and create views for those.  I don't recommend the approach just presenting alternatives.

Regards, Donna

Monday, December 16, 2013 1:28 PM
  • Lets see

Reason:
    A data constraint is preventing adding/changing views in PriceListItem.

Ideas To solve this:
    1) There would be one way to duplicate the entities and reconstruct their behaviour everywhere.
    This means a lot of work!

2) The SSRS (Report) could be used to generate a list of products.
    Sorry, this is not a workable solution i would concider. Poor usability.
    Anyway it would need two more clicks just to produce what the view just can not.

3) Manipulating the Database structures to allow editing will possibly break further updates and make things even worse.
    This is breaking the whole system and is shurely introducing problems later on. No go.

4) Microsoft is removing this limitation.
    Aah, this sounds very good. ;-)
    This is the solution.

Please vote for my feature request in microsoft connect:
    crm-2013-add-new-custom-pricelistitem-view

Thanx,
    Osser

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:21 AM
  • Glad you posted on Connect.  If you want a feature change that is the right place to post, not the forums.

With regard to the suggestion I made, it is not actually not a lot of work and  you do not have to replicate it everywhere.  It is one entity, with the fields you want to see in the view and you can make that entity available in whatever module you want.  You would run a job to create the existing records and either a workflow or custom workflow to create a new record each time a price list item is created. I understand that it is not ideal and maybe not something you want to do but is a viable workaround.

Several have spent their time here to try and provide you with some suggestions to work around the constraint. I understand if none of them work for you but I caution you about the manner in which you dismiss them

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Hi Donna,

I do not want to be rude, but I think the one who is asking the question is marking an answer and not someone else.
    This is how we do it here in europe/germany.
    Somehow there where posts marked as answer even though I did not do a thing.

This was the only reason why I did "unmark" them as answer.

Thanks for the time you all took posting here.

Osser

Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:35 AM
  • I understand your thoughts regarding the answer process.  Things work a little differently in the Microsoft forums primarily because the purpose of the forums is to help the many people visiting who are looking for answers to their questions. 

Some of the reasons moderators mark posts as answered include:

• We want to let forum visitors know that the post has an answer
    • It helps when people are searching for solutions
    • It helps other Moderators focus their time on unanswered questions
    • Many people don't return to update the post as answered so the moderators do it in an effort to help make the forum a better experience for all.
    • People who respond to posts and moderate the forums are volunteering their time.  We want to acknowledge those who have taken their time to respond to the question with accurate information

The posts that I marked as answered were correct responses to your question with regard to CRM functionality.  I understand if they were not the answer you were looking for but they were technically accurate.  There are many who come to the forums to find information and it is important that we work together to give them the best information that we can provide. 

With the above in mind, it would be great if you would reconsider marking the response as an answer that I tagged as technically accurate. Thanks for participating in the forum and we look forward to your future contributions.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:58 PM
  • I'm not really providing answer here, but I do support the demand for customizable views on the price list item entity.

If not feasible to allow creation of custom views for this entity, then at least a standard view that includes both the product name and the list price would be much appreciated... This is supposed to be a view of the products in a price list. Doesn't seem to me like an outrageous requirement to list at least product names and unit prices here.

Monday, April 7, 2014 1:11 PM
  • If you have a design suggestion, please go to connect.microsoft.com and search to see if someone else has posted the suggestion.  If you don't find one, please post one and ask people to vote for it.

Thank you,

Regards, Donna

Monday, April 7, 2014 1:17 PM