Command line utility for WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are developing a windows based application using .net 4.0 and WPF. One of our requirement is to connect windows home server and start the backup operations preferably from our application instead of displaying the WHS client console to the user. Please let me know how can I achieve this. Also please let me know whether we have some command line utility where we can give the command directly to start the backup process.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajarajan B

• Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Tuesday, August 3, 2010 12:48 PM dev question (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 5:39 AM

All replies

• Please search before asking. How to force a backup has been asked about several times and answered each time: you run the command "C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\backupengine.exe -a". Note that doing this isn't "supported", and isn't documented by Microsoft; Microsoft could, in theory, choose to change the name of backupengine.exe, or change the parameters it uses.

Also note that you will probably not be able to force a backup in the next version of Windows Home Server, currently in beta. You certainly can't do so with the current beta.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 12:48 PM