how to connect the internal pool to the edge server (OCS 2007 R2) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have the following setup, OCS 2007 R2 installed in consolidated topology on server 2008.
    Now I have prepared the Edge server, the thing is that I reach the step of conncectin the internal server or pool to the edge server:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd425276(office.13).aspx
    it says"
    Log on to your internal Standard Edition server or Enterprise pool with an account that is a member of the RTCUniversalServerAdmins group.

Start the Deployment Wizard by going to setup\amd64\ and double-clicking setupEE.exe orsetupSE.exe.

Do one of the following:

On a Standard Edition server, click Deploy Standard Edition Server.

On an Enterprise Edition server, click Deploy Pool in a Consolidated Topology or Deploy Pool in an Expanded Topology.
    "
    in my case I am using Enterprise edition, but once I open the media on the frond-end server, on the mentioned path I can not find deploy pool in consolidated topology...
    this is a very wearing issue, any help?

Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:40 PM

All replies

• If the expected option is not showing up in the wizard that may be an indication of an incomplete deployment up to this point.  What step is showing as the last completed?
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Friday, June 26, 2009 1:47 AM
  • Jeff,

thank you for the reply.

my front-end server is in production and working fine since one month, I had tested most of the features except this one:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicationsserversetup/thread/ee547da9-0a28-4c12-98ac-f6a5a2e367d4

but you gave me a good hence. when I click prepare environment, I found a strange thing; that is the forest preparation is showing partial ! .

I did a small investigation and I found that one of our administrators had promoted new Domain Controller (server 2008), note that all our DCs are based on windows 2003, I think this is very related to the topic, since the promotion process modify the schema, so I ran the prepare forest again and things work fine:)

during the wizard of configuring the pool, it ask about the FQDN of the AV server and the port, in my scenario I am using consolidated edge with 4 NICs, that is one of them connected directly to the internal network, so I dont think that there is problem in connectivety with the FE server, but what shall I  specify in the port Number, should it be 3478 ?.

Friday, June 26, 2009 8:39 PM