customeraddress problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
        I have big problem with entity customeraddress. When I'm creating account two customeraddresses creates by it self. I unregistered all plugins on account entity but i still gets two customeraddress entities. The other thing is that don't see these entitites when I click 'More adresses' in account form but I can see them in advanced search and when using sdk in plugins or other apps. Data in these two entities is the same as data that I used while creating account. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem? I don't want that customeraddresses to be created while account creation.

Kind regards,
    Jerzy D.
    everything is a matter of probability...
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:22 PM

Answers

• I'm not entirely sure what your trying to explain here, but if you create an account or contact and fill in the address fields I was under the impression that it automatically creates record in the customer-address entity which I guess would fire as a child-plugin. If I've understood you correctly this seems to be by design.

Could you explain the steps you are taking the results you are looking for?

Steve
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:28 PM
  • Hi,

CRM does not store address on the account entity in CRM. The addresses you see on the account entity (primary and secondary) are just a view over the customer address entities. for this reason everytime an account is created there are two entities in the customeraddress table created.

Any additional addresses you add to the more addresses are then added to customeraddress entity as well.

Hope this helps.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:38 PM

All replies

• I'm not entirely sure what your trying to explain here, but if you create an account or contact and fill in the address fields I was under the impression that it automatically creates record in the customer-address entity which I guess would fire as a child-plugin. If I've understood you correctly this seems to be by design.

Could you explain the steps you are taking the results you are looking for?

Steve
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:28 PM
  • Hi,

CRM does not store address on the account entity in CRM. The addresses you see on the account entity (primary and secondary) are just a view over the customer address entities. for this reason everytime an account is created there are two entities in the customeraddress table created.

Any additional addresses you add to the more addresses are then added to customeraddress entity as well.

Hope this helps.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:38 PM
  • You are saying that copying all address fields (even if they are empty) to two customeraddresses is by design? Please...can anyone else confirm this? If it is really by design maybe can I somehow turn that 'feature' off?

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:39 PM
  • Hi,

Hope this helps.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:39 PM
  • My bad...I didn't believe it at the beginning but there really is no columns defined account tables in db that could be used to store address. Every day I'm getting amazed by CRM. Thank you both for the answer.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:52 PM