Lost My Produck key :S RRS feed

• Question

• If i' ve lost my Product Key , how can i get it back?

Monday, January 7, 2008 10:24 PM

Answers

• Hello k0rny,

In the past, Microsoft used to store Windows Registration Information directly linked with the Product Key that the registration was submitted for. Unfortunately, due to Privacy laws and legal action, Microsoft is no longer able to store the Windows Owner's Personal Identifing Information directly linked to the Product Key for that Windows. Therefore, we no longer have any records as to what Product Key belongs to what user.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, January 7, 2008 10:51 PM

All replies

• Hello k0rny,

In the past, Microsoft used to store Windows Registration Information directly linked with the Product Key that the registration was submitted for. Unfortunately, due to Privacy laws and legal action, Microsoft is no longer able to store the Windows Owner's Personal Identifing Information directly linked to the Product Key for that Windows. Therefore, we no longer have any records as to what Product Key belongs to what user.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, January 7, 2008 10:51 PM
  • You can use special software to recover your Windows key. Most of them support some versions of Windows and some other Microsoft products. Also there is a products like "Recover Keys"  ( http://recover-keys.com/ ) that support all Windows versions and a lot of other major software packages.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 2:44 PM
  •  

! got a windows vista home premium so 1 to active it ?
    Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:13 PM