RCC + CUPS + Exchange: no Outlook integration? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm building a Microsoft + Cisco integration in a lab environment using Remote Call Control because enterprise voice does not allow me to control my phone. Am I correct that this is the only way a Cisco-OCS integration is available for the moment, except two separate VoiP environments that can call each other? Before I had just OCS running with MOC clients and everything was working fine (outlook voice access, voicemail).

I know that using RCC, the call endpoint becomes the phone so this means I have to configure Exchange Server and my Cisco environment to speak with each other.  I configured this via SIP trunking and I am able to call the Exchange Pilot point via my phone. Via group policies I can enable voicemail and provide the URI to the Voicemail system. 

My questions:

- How should this URI, configured in policies, be build?  I suppose something like tel: DN;phone-context=dialstring? Can someone confirm?
    - I configured it as above, but no voicemail integration is active for the moment on my MOC. I did enable the user for Unified Communications.
    - When I forward the call to the Exchange server, I get the exchange main menu instead of the oppurtunity to leave a voicemail. Why is this?
    - Outlook integration doesn't work very well... When I move an active meeting to another time the MOC stays in 'In a meeting' for a long long time. Why doesn't it update faster?
    - Why is an appointment not viewed in MOC as a presense status and only a meeting?

Thanks in advance

Roeben
    Thursday, November 15, 2007 1:51 PM

All replies

• Questions

- I don't know

- You need to integrate OCS and Exchange, there is an integration guide

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8CDE0C3A-042E-445B-A514-2D12ED5B2AC2&displaylang=en

- Forwarding to Exchange needs to be sending the calling party and called party number otherwise this does not work

Do a search to find documentation how to integrate UM Exchange and Cisco

- You can use the Group Policies to update the meeting times faster

- Not sure what you would want to show?

Deli

Friday, November 16, 2007 4:20 PM
  •  Roeben wrote:

- How should this URI, configured in policies, be build?  I suppose something like tel: DN;phone-context=dialstring? Can

Roeben,

The Line URI for CUPS integration can be configured as "tel:1234;phone-context=dialstring" so you appear to have that correct.

Have you deployed Excahnge 2007 SP1 Beta by any chance?

Friday, November 16, 2007 5:34 PM
  • Just an update:

- MOC integration does work but I was thinking it should work directly, and no 5 minute refresh interval.
    - Voicemail integration IS working, but it works different than with Enterprise Voice settings. I defined a voicemail profile in callmanager and now it is working fine. Only in MOC I need to enable a forward to DN 999, I can't choose Voicemail in the list. Maybe I'll need to verify the GPO settings or is this default behaviour for RCC?

Everything works pretty well right now, I only have one cosmetic issue: the callmanager sends his INVITE to username@ipaddressofExchange during a forward. Therefore I need to add an EUM address to the users that matches this setup and in my missed-call notification I see the same address: user@ipaddress, eventough I selected another EUM address (with a domain name) as the default.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm running Exchange SP1 RTM now, was working with the public beta before.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 3:55 PM
  •  Deli Pro-Exchange wrote:

Questions

- I don't know

- You need to integrate OCS and Exchange, there is an integration guide

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8CDE0C3A-042E-445B-A514-2D12ED5B2AC2&displaylang=en

- Forwarding to Exchange needs to be sending the calling party and called party number otherwise this does not work

Do a search to find documentation how to integrate UM Exchange and Cisco

- You can use the Group Policies to update the meeting times faster

- Not sure what you would want to show?

Deli

Hello Deli, is possible configure the MOC to Forwarding to Exchange and send the calling party ?

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 1:30 AM
  • That is the way it should work

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 3:24 PM