CRM Dynamics 2011 product import RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to import a list of products.  There are two places to enter required information.  One is the Product window and the other is a link within the Product window: Price List Items.  I cannot figure out how to map so that the import populates both the Product and Price List Items.  If I cannot do it simultaneously, how do I ensure the correct Price List Items information corresponds to the correct Product?

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:52 PM

Answers

• Export data template for Product, Price List and Price List Items.

Fill all data templates with corresponding information.

Import Price List data template.

Import Products data template.

Import Price List Item data template.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

• Marked as answer by pasher42 Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:07 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Pasher,

First Import the product data. Then create a pricelistitem CSV in which product column will contain the  name of the product. When you import the CSV for the price list item, CRM automatically map the Correct product based on the product name. 

Before importing the pricelistitems make sure there is no duplicate records for the product with the same name.

Thanks

Kuldeep

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Export data template for Product, Price List and Price List Items.

Fill all data templates with corresponding information.

Import Price List data template.

Import Products data template.

Import Price List Item data template.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

• Marked as answer by pasher42 Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:07 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:16 PM
  • If you want to import both the products and their prices simultaneously, you could try the following plugin code from Paul Nieuwelaar that automatically creates the price list item records using the list price field value of the imported product records:

http://paulnieuwelaar.wordpress.com/2012/12/05/auto-create-price-list-items-for-dynamics-crm-2011-products/

Jukka Niiranen - My blog: Surviving CRM - Follow @jukkan on Twitter

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:08 PM
  • Vikram,

Your instructions worked perfectly.  We lost our CRM administrator and I am doing everything for the first time either using blogs or Dymanics books.  It worked the first time and that rarely happens.

Thank you for responding to my question.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:08 PM