SyncToy does not sync folder with underscore as first character? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I had a strange finding: I was syncing a folder with subfolders in different levels (local <-> smb share) and some local subfolders - with underscore as first character (like "_backup") - weren't synced at all. To be more precise: they were just skipped during first sync which should have made a plain copy on the remote site. Theses subfolfers were NOT local systemfolders oder hidden or somehow restricted as far as I can tell. I just had to change the names (like "_backup" to "xbackup") and on the next run they were included in the sync ok without changing anything in the sync profile.

Any clues?
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 5:47 PM

All replies

•  I have had a simple try, by creating a folder pair and have one sub folder with "_tests", I did not got your problem repro. Could u give me info for repro?
    Thanks Ping This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, March 6, 2009 8:42 AM
  • Does the smb share allow folder name with leading underscore ?
    You could try making the right folder on your local volume with leading "_" and see if SyncToy succeeds in syncing to it from your left folder on the local volume as well.

Sameer

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:03 AM