Alert of Activation key invalid on my Windows Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, recently a friend of mine formatted my laptop for me as it was not running as it should, it was all working great but now the desktop keeps going black and it says on it "This copy of windows is not genuine" and i keep getting asked to "activate windows now" so i turned the laptop over to get my activation key but it has partially worn off the base of my laptop and i cannot see the code. I tried to get a phone number to call Microsoft but because i cannot see my code they are wanting to charge me £46 for a phonecall. Is there anything you can do please? the only thing i can see on the sticker is the proof of authenticity foil strip and "X14-39682"
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:46 PM

Answers

• Please contact the manufacturer of your laptop for assistance in obtaining the product key code they originally affixed to the PC at the factory.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:04 PM

All replies

• Please contact the manufacturer of your laptop for assistance in obtaining the product key code they originally affixed to the PC at the factory.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:04 PM
  • Hi, recently a friend of mine formatted my laptop for me as it was not running as it should, it was all working great but now the desktop keeps going black and it says on it "This copy of windows is not genuine" and i keep getting asked to "activate windows now" so i turned the laptop over to get my activation key but it has partially worn off the base of my laptop and i cannot see the code. I tried to get a phone number to call Microsoft but because i cannot see my code they are wanting to charge me £46 for a phonecall. Is there anything you can do please? the only thing i can see on the sticker is the proof of authenticity foil strip and "X14-39682"

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:05 AM