unable to view other client's video streams - green and blue screen RRS feed

• Question

• We've got OCS implemented and everything seems to working great..

However at least two of our clients (out of over 100 now) cannot view other video camera streams...

All they get is a blue and green screen like in this picture (have blanked out names manunally but video stream is exactly as that)

I don't think its a problem with the camera itself as other's can see streams from same user, and running through the setup audio and video wizard looks fine too. Also the video shows as above on a machine whether a camera is connected or not...

Any ideas? We'd tried reinstalling VX-3000 (1.3 and 1.4 versions) again, restarting and reinstalling OCS but to no avail...

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Monday, December 3, 2007 1:53 AM

All replies

• I’m having the same problem on one computer only.

I we verified that the camera works and narrowed the problem down to the single computer, but i really don’t want to reinstall that one so have you found out anything else on this?

I had some time to play more with this client. and i noticed that the audio & video wizard works fine and shows video.

And live meeting works fine aswell.

So its only green when doing a communicator to communicator video call. and no i dont think there is a firewall on the client.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 4:16 PM
  • I have the same thing on one computer.  It's on the same 100Mbps network as the connecting party and server.  I can install the same camera and software on another PC and it works fine.  Let me know if you find anything and I'll do the same.

Friday, December 7, 2007 7:43 PM
  • yeah its very hard to troubleshoot as I can't find anything in the event log either about it.

yeah its defitely a problem with OCS as it happens when the drivers for camera are removed and camera removed..

So anyone got any ideas?

Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:13 AM
  •  

Mine ended up being a simple ID-10-T error.  I went to HP's site and downloaded the latest video driver for that particular pc, installed and all was well.  Turns out the machine I was testing with hadn't been properly imaged and was missing the correct pc video driver.
    • Proposed as answer by Miatke Tuesday, March 31, 2009 1:37 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2007 4:43 PM
  •  

Re-installing the printer driver worked for us.

Thank goodness for seeing this entry here on this website.

There sure isn't that much helpful information to find. And troubleshooting within the application is not easy.

It's a great tool, but there still is a lot of work to be done.

Monday, April 28, 2008 12:52 PM