Setting up OneCare Circle RRS feed

• Question

• I have my desktop hardwired to my router and my laptop connected via wireless wifi.  Can I make a OneCare circle using these computers with their current connections?  If so, how?

Thanks

Thursday, April 24, 2008 1:08 AM

Answers

• Problem solved.  I had two computes in my circle using two different id's.  Changed to same Id and everything seems to operation fine.

Thanks

Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:05 AM

All replies

• Yes, you can. As long as you activate all 3 PCs running OneCare with the same Subscription LiveID, they are part of your Circle. Any of the PCs can be made into a Hub, which will then show the status of the other computers. All 3 computers, in your case, are on the same LAN, even though it is mixed wired and wireless, so all Circle functionality is available to you including Centralized backup and Printer Sharing. If one of the PCs was on a different LAN, say at the office and not at home, for example, they would still be a Circle, but only monitoring would be available for the remote PC and status would be delayed due to it needing to be uploaded to the server and then back down to the hub PC periodically.

-steve

Thursday, April 24, 2008 1:30 AM
  • Problem solved.  I had two computes in my circle using two different id's.  Changed to same Id and everything seems to operation fine.

Thanks

Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:05 AM
  • Glad to read that you identified the problem and resolved it.

-steve

Monday, April 28, 2008 3:12 PM
  • HI I running onecare live and I want to controll all my pc that are on my hub

Monday, August 11, 2008 12:03 PM
  •  Al Ben wrote:

HI I running onecare live and I want to controll all my pc that are on my hub

All PCs with OneCare installed and activated with the same subscription LiveID are part of a Circle. Any of these PCs can be made into a hub PC that allows you to see the status of OneCare for the other 2 PCs on the hub PC. Control is limited to the ability to respond to some alerts - virus protection or firewall turned off, for example, and configuring Centralized backup. There is no other control offered by the OneCare Circle functionality.

-steve

Monday, August 11, 2008 5:00 PM
  • Dear Steve

if i have 2 computers not connected to eachother (via networking or router etc) than is it posibal to use single subscription Pin to run 12 months subscription on both computers ?? Note both computers are in the same house but they are not connected to each other via networking or any sort of router etc one is a desktop and other one is laptop please reply thank you...

Sunday, August 31, 2008 7:55 AM
  •  Mahraja wrote:

Dear Steve

if i have 2 computers not connected to eachother (via networking or router etc) than is it posibal to use single subscription Pin to run 12 months subscription on both computers ?? Note both computers are in the same house but they are not connected to each other via networking or any sort of router etc one is a desktop and other one is laptop please reply thank you...

Yes. In fact, both computers can be in different countries. As long as they both have Internet Access and are activated with the same Subscription LiveID, they are in the same Circle. You activate the subscription on PC#1 with the LiveID and the key/PIN or payment information. On the second PC, use the same LiveID and it will recognize the subscription and activate.

-steve

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:14 PM