"Need Activation" For Slight Change RRS feed

• Question

• I guess I've had enough with calling the activation line where I seem to know everyone over "there."  I have a Win XP Pro ( PCI use for Digital Audio Recording and have to make frequent changes, especially to the hard drive (re-format).  The problem is that windows will ask me to re-activate everytime I make ANY change to my system, such as updating a driver, or partition, or anything!

I am tired of it, especially feeling like I have to appologize or explain profusely that there is only ONE machine with that copy of XP, but nowadays it's almost a daily occurance.

I have a home network with a HP running windows  MCE 2005 connected through PCI wireless card (pentium), the main PC running Win Vista 64-bit (AMD 64 dual core) connected thru LAN direct to the broadband router in PPoE(DSL in bridge mode).

The machine in question is connected via a usb adapter and has two SATA.  I realized also that windows says it is a "Workstation" which caught my attention as I started using virtualization to better access files.

Please someone help me figure out what I need to do to besides buying another copy of windows.

In the mean time, I need to re-activate but lucky me, I saved the 2 WPA files on a floppy; my feeling is that it doesn't matter.

Please help...

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 1:06 AM

Answers

• Because this forum is dedicated to validation issues, you’ll need to contact outside support for the expertise necessary to troubleshoot your non-validation related issue.  You can do so by posting or searching in the Vista pubic newsgroups, found here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx or by following this link to Product Support Services.  Microsoft has a 90 day free support period that starts on the day you first acquire Vista. 

If you bought your computer pre-installed with Vista either from a computer store or an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) like Dell or Gateway, you’ll need to contact them for support. 

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 9:58 PM