synch services with Sql Express RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I've asked a question about this before in the forum but cant seem to find the thread.

My question is - is it possible to use any form of replication with only sql server express on the server and sql compact edition on a handheld device.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 6:37 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:40 PM

Answers

• Please take a look at this release and see if that meets your requirement.

Sync Services for ADO.NET (Devices) v1 sp1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=75FEF59F-1B5E-49BC-A21A-9EF4F34DE6FC&displaylang=en

Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET requires ADO.NET 2.0 on the server. Synchronization Services requires .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2) for device clients. The server database can be any database for which an ADO.NET provider is available, such as SQL Server 2005. The client database for Synchronization Services applications is SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 1 and later versions.

Sunday, December 28, 2008 7:59 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Please take a look at this release and see if that meets your requirement.

Sync Services for ADO.NET (Devices) v1 sp1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=75FEF59F-1B5E-49BC-A21A-9EF4F34DE6FC&displaylang=en

Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET requires ADO.NET 2.0 on the server. Synchronization Services requires .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2) for device clients. The server database can be any database for which an ADO.NET provider is available, such as SQL Server 2005. The client database for Synchronization Services applications is SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 1 and later versions.

Sunday, December 28, 2008 7:59 PM
    Answerer
  • thanks - does anyone out there know if either

Sql express 2005 or
    sql express 2008

has an ado.net provider that will work with sync services?
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 8:15 PM
  • hi again,

i was just reading through the documentation and it mentions using sql express as the db on the server.

Thanks for the info, its exactly what i needed.
    Monday, December 29, 2008 12:08 AM