error 0x800402c9 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I have just bought a copy of key upgrade tool direct from MS. On running it I get an error 0x800402c9 saying that I have liilte disc space, this is not the case. It is now clear that when my last hard drive failed the version of windows XP pro put on the machine was not from my origional disc (from Dell) hence the problem with the code key, what do I needto do to fix this problem having paid Microsoft a fee to resolve the problem?
    • Changed type Stephen Holm Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:14 PM
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 7:17 PM

Answers

• Hey Mike :-)

Thank you for visiting our WGA Forum today. The error code which you are experiencing means the previous version of Windows XP is too corrupt for the Product key Tool to work as designed. At this point you will need to wait for the WGA Kit you ordered to arrive. Next you will need to perform a complete re-installation of Windows XP. First and foremost please ensure you back up any and all data that you desire to keep. Also don't forget your Internet Favorites and email contacts.  Hopefully this has shed some light as what you may be experiencing.

Take care Mike :-)

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:14 PM
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:14 PM