90 Free Trial RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded the 90 FREE trial on 6/17/08, and today when I turned my computer on and gives me a RED balloon telling me immediate action is needed because my subscription is about to expire in 13 days.  How is this possible?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:24 PM

Answers

• If OneCare was ever installed on the computer before, you will get 15 days in trial mode upon installing again from CD or via download before you need to activate.

If you are sure that OneCare was never previously installed on this PC, check you PC date and time.

-steve

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:37 PM

All replies

• If OneCare was ever installed on the computer before, you will get 15 days in trial mode upon installing again from CD or via download before you need to activate.

If you are sure that OneCare was never previously installed on this PC, check you PC date and time.

-steve

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:37 PM
  • Actually I did download the 90 days free trial before, but they charged my account.  They told me I hit the wrong button to unistall it and gave me the right button to hit and to proceed from there.

So, how do I fix my problem, because I want the 90 day period before purchasing this.  I also need to get out of the RED, because I use my computer for a home base business.  I can't afford not to have the protection it's suppose to give me during this trial period.

Any suggestions? 

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:20 PM
  • If OneCare is in red status, and not just due to an expired trial period, open OneCare to see the actions to take. Unfortunately, since you had the trial and uninstalled and reinstalled, you will be unable to get a 90 day trial before purchase, particularly since you already purchased the subscription. Did you cancel that subscription? If not, it is already active and counting down the 12 months. If it was canceled and you received a credit, the only way to get a full 90 day trial on this PC would be to format the drive and reinstall Windows - which is rather extreme.

-steve

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:04 PM
  • Hummm!  Then when I told them to cancel and to credit back my account, why didn't they tell me at that time I wouldn't be able to get the 90 day period? 

Well it looks like I will be finding another Anti-Virus.

Thanks for your help!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:14 PM
  • Sorry that they didn't inform you of that. :-(

Please email me at sboots@mvps.org and use a subject line of OneCare and paste this link in the message body:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3505785&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:12 AM