Access 2011 server from web RRS feed

• Question

• Over the weekend I installed the new WHS 2011 and had only had a peek at the beta months ago.  Once part I do not see when accessing the web address of the server is once logged on I see options to access the clients in my home but I do not see any option to actually log on the server as I had done many times in WHS V1.  Is this still an option.  Does it have to be enabled somehow.

Also regarding backups.  The backup service has been greatly improved but is there a way to view the data on the drive from another comptuer.  If not what is the purpose of that.  Is this some new type of format.  I take my backup to work at least once a month and normally do not need to access it but if I ever had my server die I would like to access the data as soon as possible.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 1:44 PM

Answers

• When you created the user account, you had to check a box to give that account access to remote server.  Just like in WHS V1.  So check your accounts and make sure it's enabled.

I'm sure the backups are compressed and the are also incremental.  Most backup programs do just this.  So accessing from another pc is really not possible, as was the case with WHS V1.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 11:52 PM