CRM 2011 Hiding/Removing the help icon. RRS feed

• Question

• This is probably a strange request and may not be handled in a supported fashion.  Does anyone know a way to hide or remove the help icon from the forms and/or the homepage?
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:53 PM

Answers

• You are correct in that you cannot remove the little help icon in the upper right corner in a supported manner. 

You would not want to do this in an unsupported fashion because if something went wrong with your server Microsoft could refuse to support it and tell you to re-install the server.  Also, something as simple as an update rollup could break your implementation or blow away your customization.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    • Proposed as answer by Jamie MileyModerator Thursday, October 20, 2011 2:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by mosbySE Monday, November 7, 2011 3:28 PM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 2:54 PM

All replies

• You are correct in that you cannot remove the little help icon in the upper right corner in a supported manner. 

You would not want to do this in an unsupported fashion because if something went wrong with your server Microsoft could refuse to support it and tell you to re-install the server.  Also, something as simple as an update rollup could break your implementation or blow away your customization.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    • Proposed as answer by Jamie MileyModerator Thursday, October 20, 2011 2:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by mosbySE Monday, November 7, 2011 3:28 PM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 2:54 PM
  • Thanks Jamie.  That's I figured.  Now I have to pose the question correctly to the client....

"Why do you want to remove the help icon?"

Thanks again.

Monday, November 7, 2011 3:28 PM