initial product suggestions RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

First off, I dont think the name "home server" is going to pull in the people that really need this product, but if thats the name you have to go with, then so be it. I think the central thrust of the marketing should be the "restore and rescue" capabilities of this box. The vast core of home users that have had an "uh-oh" that lost all their photos will be immediately attracted to that functionality. I cant imagine how your going to get the word out, but once you do I think it will be quite popular.

I think the segment where this product will have its strongest sales is the mom and pop businesses that are the "too-cheap-for-windows-server" crowd. That segment will really get out there and buy it in droves.

Thanks.

Friday, March 9, 2007 9:14 PM

All replies

• I think you may have missed the point of WHS. It's designed to be shipped pre-installed on a small device. This means that you'll probably see things like "HP home helper for Windows powered by WHS" as opposed to a product called of devices called WHS.

I don't think the main market will be the too-cheap-for-windows-server crowd because I expect the final version will be locked down so you can't install things like ACT!, a web server, etc., etc., etc. on it.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 8:22 AM