problem with "advantage" software and office RRS feed

• Question

• I have had Office on my computer for several years and ALWAYS Microsoft has recognised it as genuine. Yet in the past couple of days there has been a message that it is not genuine and in fact belongs to a corporate client and therefore I cannot use it. If I am part of that corporate client than "see your system administrator.

Well bully for you Microsoft! I am disabled and yes Office was supplied by one of your corporate clients, it was supplied by this client - a government body which due to cost cutting no longer exists - to assist me BECAUSE of my disability along woth a computer and other software including XP. I no longer have a system administrator and when the department was shut down was given the copies of all of the relevant software which had been allocated to my computer.

So what am I to do? Pay money I dont have? Go to a new government department who has never heard of me - cap in hand and begging? Can you please get over yourselves and your greed and fix this problem. I have the GENUINE copies of the software and you have peen paid for it - what is your problem? Do you just hate people who are disabled and the government programs have been trying to help?

Neville

• Changed type Stephen Holm Saturday, March 21, 2009 10:38 PM
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 4:15 AM

Answers

• Neville,

Thank you for visiting the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forum. I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing. We have seen numerous issues from customers who were provided a Volume License Key (VLK) on their computer that has either been blocked by Microsoft or generated by a fake product key code generator. WGA currently provides checks for these types of product keys and prompts the user to notify them of this situation. More invalid product keys are being identified daily and WGA is constantly refreshing its database with these newly identified product keys and immediately blocks them. Currently you have two versions of Microsoft Office installed. Below I have extracted a portion of the MGA results to share the portion of Office Professional with FrontPage and Office XP Professional.   

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage - 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office XP Professional - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.7.105.35
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

As a rule, VL editions should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Please uninstall Office XP Professional with FrontPage. Restart your computer and validate Office again. This should allow you to use Office XP Professional.  

Thank you,

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Saturday, March 21, 2009 11:08 PM
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 11:08 PM

All replies

• Hello Neville,

Thank you for visiting our Windows Genuine Forum. Please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and provide us with the results from the MGA Tool. Follow the steps located in the following sticky post http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindowsxp/thread/c2be4a37-9ac3-4674-9b30-08fdc9b99dd8 . This will allow us to analyze what may be causing the problem your experiencing. 

Thank you Neville,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 10:37 PM
  • Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Results

PassedActive scripting allowed
    PassedDisplay images enabled
    PassedComputer time and date correct
    PassedCookies enabled
    PassedPlug-ins enabled
    PassedMicrosoft Genuine Advantage plug-ins are installed and loaded
    PassedOffice validation ActiveX loaded
    PassedValidation Self-help ActiveX loaded
    PassedMicrosoft Genuine Advantage plug-ins connect with Microsoft validation servers
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 10:41 PM
  • Neville,

Please provide us with the full and unedited version as what the MGA Diagnostic Tool provides. Next follow all the steps as in the sticky post and paste the results here unedited. We need this information in order to provide you with assistance.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 10:45 PM
  • Hi Stephen - I think the following is what you want

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0006.1):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-JXHC8-2P8H7-X4RTX
    Windows Product Key Hash: 3OmAp2CsBsJ4lk2B0JLMU3YNzzc=
    Windows Product ID: 76488-020-8255915-22834
    Windows Product ID Type: 5
    Windows License Type: Retail
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {FC4F490F-5336-4E47-AF29-D38BC3A6ABED}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.8.31.9
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.8.31.9
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 114
    Version: 1.7.105.35
    WGATray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{FC4F490F-5336-4E47-AF29-D38BC3A6ABED}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0006.1</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-X4RTX</PKey><PID>76488-020-8255915-22834</PID><PIDType>5</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1957994488-1454471165-682003330</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Product Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>ASUS M2N SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0201</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070907000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>44403BF701844078</HWID><UserLCID>0C09</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Cen. Australia Standard Time(GMT+09:30)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.8.31.9"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.8.31.9"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="1.7.105.35"/><File Name="OGAVerify.exe" Version="1.7.105.35"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>39476F84C4B4004</Val><Hash>4iCnywwNW1w4s9ukTIwGMGxyGic=</Hash><Pid>54185-640-0000025-17398</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>3D26AE4D3A831BE</Val><Hash>tgPwnXjGujZ+/6o0h2Yimsi303w=</Hash><Pid>54186-701-7658556-17800</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="10" Result="100"/><App Id="16" Version="10" Result="100"/><App Id="17" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="18" Version="10" Result="100"/><App Id="1A" Version="10" Result="100"/><App Id="1B" Version="10" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: no
    Marker string from BIOS: N/A
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Saturday, March 21, 2009 10:53 PM
  • Neville,

Thank you for visiting the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forum. I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing. We have seen numerous issues from customers who were provided a Volume License Key (VLK) on their computer that has either been blocked by Microsoft or generated by a fake product key code generator. WGA currently provides checks for these types of product keys and prompts the user to notify them of this situation. More invalid product keys are being identified daily and WGA is constantly refreshing its database with these newly identified product keys and immediately blocks them. Currently you have two versions of Microsoft Office installed. Below I have extracted a portion of the MGA results to share the portion of Office Professional with FrontPage and Office XP Professional.   

OGA Data-->

As a rule, VL editions should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Please uninstall Office XP Professional with FrontPage. Restart your computer and validate Office again. This should allow you to use Office XP Professional.  

Thank you,

Stephen

• Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Saturday, March 21, 2009 11:08 PM
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 11:08 PM
  • Stephen, you are really not getting it are you?

My issue is NOT with the software - obviously there is an issue with the computer In need to deal with.

The Software was PROVIDED - (NO Charge) by the Government department as part of my Rehabilitation Program for my use as I am DISABLED.

This Government department as such no longer exists. Politics and priorities change. When they closed down they provided me with all of the software - all genuine, paid for,  copies so I could continue to be assisted by it. This sounds like a cynical "grab for cash" by Microsoft - as if you don't have enough!

Because the government program which assisted me is no longer active, I cannot just go to a system Admin and get the problem fixed. I need and use Frontpage which is why it was supplied. Up to a few days ago there was no problem at all, and the software was previously validated on my computer but now not.

I expect you to fix this issue which is seperate to the immediate issue of it showing up as not valid software on my computer. This is disability discrimination and discrimination against all of the people that are assisted by government programs.

Please fix this issue and even though I have multiple disabilties including Acquired Brain Injury, stop trying to baffle me with Bull, I may be diabled but I am not stupid.
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 11:34 PM
  • Woodhenge,

You have two installations of Office XP on your computer.

The one that is Genuine is Office XP Professional.  That one must be the one provided to you by the Government agency.

The one that is not Genuine is Office XP Professional with Front Page.  Not sure where you might have picked this one up, but nevertheless it is nongenuine and you should uninstall it from your computer.

If you need a program that can publish web pages, the current Office program that is designed to make web sites is called Microsoft Expression:  http://www.microsoft.com/expression/

If your budget does not permit a software  purchase, there are several very good freeware web site programs, such as Net Objects Fusion Essentials, Coffee Cup, Kompozer, SeaMonkey, etc.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:26 PM