Difference in a build between VS 2005 and VS 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a project , we gave build of our project with VS 2005 and VS 2008.
    Following things I observed:
    1. With VS 2005 build dll, in Windows 7 Normal Standard user (Without Admin Privilege) is able to Create Process and execute it properly.

2. With VS 2008 build dll, in Windows 7 Normal Standard user (Without Admin Privilege) is not able to Create Process and execute it properly.

Here the process is “MakeCab.exe”

Additional Info:

1.       Project Property of VS 2008 solution file ->Configuration Properties->Linker->Manifest File->Enable User Account Control  = has two options

2.       Project Property of VS 2008 solution file ->Configuration Properties->Linker->Manifest File->UAC Execution level = has three options

3.       Project Property of VS 2008 solution file ->Configuration Properties->Linker->Manifest File->UAC By pass UI Protection   = has two options

These fields are missing in VS 2005.

So my question is.

The additional features in VS 2008 is not allowing me to execute the process from Windows 7 Normal Standard user ?

• Moved by Chao Kuo Wednesday, October 7, 2009 10:24 AM Wrong Forum (From:Visual Studio Extensibility)
    Friday, October 2, 2009 4:47 AM

Answers