none
Modifying dll source code for Notepad++ compare plugin RRS feed

• Question

• Hello community,first post here and hoping I can get some help here to modify some C++ code.

So as the title said I would link some guidance to modify the source code for the dll compare plugin for Notepad++

Currently with the plugin as it is, comparing strings gives the following result:

Not very helpful to me as I do not where there the change is exactly.

What I would like it to do is something more like this:

The source code for the plugin can be found here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-compare/

I had a look at the code in Visual Studio 2012 but I'm at a loss as to where to start making changes... creating dlls is completely new to me! Any help would be much appreciated!
    • Moved by Baron Bi Monday, July 9, 2018 8:34 AM Third-party app issue
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 5:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

thanks for posting here.

>>Modifying dll source code for Notepad++ compare plugin

This forum is about c++ development with Microsoft products. For your case which is more related to Notepade plugin development, I suggest you post on their own support forum for better support.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-compare/support?source=navbar

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 2:21 AM
  • As Baron says, questions about Notepad++ should be asked in a forum where there are more people familiar with it.

You are also asking about DLLs. Look for articles and documentation of them. Then if you have a specific question you can ask in an appropriate MSDN forum.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, July 5, 2018 4:53 PM
  • If your tool does not solve your problem, it's more productive to look for another tool.  WinMerge, in particular, will do interline differencing as you describe.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:40 PM
  • Just curious about whether you are referring to the original Winmerge or the Winmerge 2011 fork?
    Thursday, July 5, 2018 10:00 PM
  • Dunno.  I use version 2.14.0, dated 2013.  As far as I know, it has done interline differencing forever.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Friday, July 6, 2018 7:04 PM
  • Thanks.  That's the original version.
    Friday, July 6, 2018 7:19 PM