WHS2011 A scheduled Cleanup task for Client Computer backup did not succeed RRS feed

• Question

• Can any one help me with this problem? I have searched and found many people with the same problem but no solutions. I click "Fix this issue" and it goes away but returns. I cleared my backup drive and started a new backup disk and the error returned after time.
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Is there any warning was showing in WHS Alert Viewer? Please try to run chkdsk /r on each drive in your server to see if it could work.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, August 26, 2013 5:46 PM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is there any warning was showing in WHS Alert Viewer? Please try to run chkdsk /r on each drive in your server to see if it could work.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, August 26, 2013 5:46 PM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:10 PM
  • Hello Andy,

I have tried everything. To the point of erasing the backups and starting again. I even reloaded WHS 2011 on the server.

I spent two days on the phone with Microsoft trying to find someone to help me. That experience was terrible. My guess is, they don't have support for WHS 2011 and they are not aware of it! I was switched between the Professional Tech Support Group and the Consumer Tech Support Group even at the higher tier 2 level of support. This happened numerous times even though I explained to each group that I just got switched from the prior group. I had supervisoirs from each group do the same thing. I could not find anyone to answer the phone Windows Home Server support!!!! So, what ever advice you have would be appriecated.

My WHS is running on a Dell Poweredge T110 II runnning RAID PERC S100

Currently, I have set the error to ignore.

The error reads; "A scheduled cleanup task for client computer backup did not succeed on 10/11/2013 and the task has not been successful in 107 days"

Thanks!!!

Jim

• Edited by KnobDepot Saturday, October 12, 2013 10:02 PM
    Saturday, October 12, 2013 9:43 PM
  • On the server Check the "Client computer backups" folder and make sure the NTFS compression is disabled for the folder. There's a bug in WHS 2011 where the client backup cleanup task fails when the compression flag is set on that folder. 
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 3:08 AM