Unable to get past boot stage or will load up windows and crash with a black screen after 2/3 mins RRS feed

• Question

•  

My sister has a Mesh Matrix M-Series Inspire + pc. Runs Windows Xp with latest updates, Amd 64 3000+ processor, 512ddr memory, 160gb hard drive (maxtor).

She is having big problems with her pc as one of these three situations occur - situation 1 and 2 are the most frequent so i will start with those

Situation 1

Switch pc on, starts to boot up and message "scan devices please wait" appears.

Then messages:

CH0master:no device

Serial CH1master:maxtor 6Y160M0

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device. Pc will not allow del or f12 to access any setup menus

Situation 2

Switch pc on, flashes through 1st loading page (unable to del or f12 as it wouldn't allow access to setup screen) , then:

Scan devices please wait

hardware initiate failed please check device

Bios does not be installed  (!!!!!)

press g to continue

When g is then pressed we get

reboot and select proper boot device

when i accessed the setup utility i got

IDE Primary master:not detected (i think this is where it should've said maxtor 6Y160M0)

Situation 3

Switch on pc, pc starts up and notes its starting up after a serious error. Continues to load up so windows starts and you get the main start screen where you can access your files etc however after 2/3 mins the screen will go black , mouse pointer will stay in one spot on screen , power is still getting to tower and monitor etc nothing will appear on the screen and end up having to resart from restart button or switch off at tower.

Hope someone can help us get to the bottom of this

Many thanks for reading

Paul

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 10:16 PM