automatic assignment in e-mails RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we got a problem with our crm 4.0 environment.
    We've got webforms. there for we got a general mail address and with this mail address the mails enter into the crm environment.
    we changed the sender from the general address to the specified contact an now all mails with the general address changed the sender.
    anybody an idea why this is happening?

Thanks a lot
    Katharina

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 10:10 AM

Answers

• It's happening because you changed the sender from the general email address to the specified contact. Now CRM assumes that all emails from the general address come from the specified contact.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 11:18 AM

All replies

• It's happening because you changed the sender from the general email address to the specified contact. Now CRM assumes that all emails from the general address come from the specified contact.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 11:18 AM
  • is it possbile to suppress this action?

Regards
    Katharina

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 11:21 AM
  • You might want to try deactivating the specified contact. Now CRM will be unable to associate the general email address with the specified contact.

If this works, create a new contact with the same details as the specific contact, reactivate the specific contact and merge the specific contact into the new copy of the specific contact so that the original specific contact is deactivated again.

I'm not sure this will work because I haven't tested it. So please back up your system before performing any action which is irreversible.

Regards, Neil

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 11:26 AM