product key RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have recently had the same problem.

I have pruchased a laptop which already had all the programs installed and i bought them, so they are not the trials

However, the product key will not be accepted?!

Can someone please help me

I cant get in touch with anyone from microsoft, so am stuck with a laptop i cant even use lol

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 2:52 PM

Answers

• becky_ash,

Please make sure to use the product key of the COA located on the machine itself.

If you've already tried using the genuine product key several times and it is still not accepted,

please do the following:

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, (provided you have administrator rights) then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.  This would assist us immensely so we may analyze possible causes for a failed validation.  Next we will begin formulating a resolution for what may be causing the problem.

Thank you,

Lori MS

Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:43 PM

All replies

• becky_ash,

Please make sure to use the product key of the COA located on the machine itself.

If you've already tried using the genuine product key several times and it is still not accepted,

please do the following:

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, (provided you have administrator rights) then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.  This would assist us immensely so we may analyze possible causes for a failed validation.  Next we will begin formulating a resolution for what may be causing the problem.

Thank you,

Lori MS

Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:43 PM
  • i do not understand this link, copy to clipboard, weres the clipboard? i am having the same problem with the product key, its frustrating as i cannot use the product. is it all worthwhile?

Saturday, June 21, 2008 12:11 PM
  • The clipboard is merely a virtual storage area which you will never physically. So when you copy anything such as the spoken website it will be held @ a vritual location of the computer hard drive. Next you will open Internet Explorer and then point your mouse to the location where you would normally type a website. Simply right click your mouse where you would normally type in the website you desire and select paste. The information which you copied was put to a holding are then simply pasted to where you direct it by using the paste feature.

Does that help you?

Stephen Holm

Forum Volunteer

Sunday, June 22, 2008 8:01 AM