none
Cannot update windows RRS feed

• Question

• Am not sure if this is the right place to post, but I try hours now and cannot any more.

I have a 5 years old pc windows xp sp3, 32 bit, that I kept off-line for the last 3 years.  Recently I cleaned it from viruses, performed a chkdsk /r through recovery console of operating system cd, installed a new security suite and connected it to the net, but windows would not update now neither automatically nor manually, windows update page gives me en error saying 'perhaps you're not entitled to access this page' and asks ifI have sp3 which shows al right in my computer/system.  Cannot use fix it, and when I type wuauclt/detectnow in run it gives nothing.

Perhaps chkdsk /r erased sp3?

Plse help

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:15 PM

Answers

• "alpha137" wrote in message news:6e74dec7-45a0-47d9-9930-a6a34de0ece6...

Am not sure if this is the right place to post, but I try hours now and cannot any more.

I have a 5 years old pc windows xp sp3, 32 bit, that I kept off-line for the last 3 years.  Recently I cleaned it from viruses, performed a chkdsk /r through recovery console of operating system cd, installed a new security suite and connected it to the net, but windows would not update now neither automatically nor manually, windows update page gives me en error saying 'perhaps you're not entitled to access this page' and asks ifI have sp3 which shows al right in my computer/system.  Cannot use fix it, and when I type wuauclt/detectnow in run it gives nothing.

Perhaps chkdsk /r erased sp3?

Plse help

You’d be better to repost this query in the Windows Updates Answers forum here - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_update

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:43 PM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:38 PM