OCS Connectivity across two Different Forests RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have the following Scenario:

There are two different forests.

Forest A has OCS Enterprise Edition 2007 Setup in Consolidated Mode and is working fine.

Forest B is at a separate location across the Globe.

Forest B is accessing some resources ie applications like BOSS and few URL's from Forest A over an MPLS connection using host file entries for name resolution wherein ports have been opened for the respective Application and URL to be accessed.

There is a VLAN created on Firewall at Forest B end and ports have been opened on the same so that specific resources from Forest A can be accessed.

Now I need to provide Communicator Client to 2-3 users from Forest B for Chat, Voice & Video conferencing.

Could someone please give a brief descrition about what will be the steps involved?
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    If you have at least a one-way trust between the forests, you should follow the steps in this document under the "resource forest" section. You'd create disabled AD user accounts in Forest A & map their SIDs to the SIDs in forest B. Then you enable OCS for the "disabled" users in Forest A. I've done this a couple times and it works pretty well.

If there is no trust, then you'll probably just need to create 3 user accounts in forest A and tell the people to sign in with the new domain credentials for the forest A domain.

Regards,
    Matt

Matt McGillen, PointBridge - https://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/mcgillen_matt/default.aspx
    Friday, May 29, 2009 9:49 PM