Placing a call - can you automatically use a headset? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - we have a few Polycom CX200 devices for testing.  We have telephone industry standard wired headsets (with mics) from Plantronics.

If you have an incoming call - you can press the headset button - answers the call - everything is good.

If you place an outgoing call - the CX200 automatically switches to handsfree.  You have to press the headset button to use the headset.

Some of my users spend all day on the phone - pressing an extra button for every outgoing call is tiresome.  Can we set the OC client on the desk to always use the headset instead of handsfree when placing a call?

Regards

Paul Adams

Monday, December 22, 2008 11:05 PM

All replies

• Paul,

I don't believe there is a setting anywhere to force OC to use a device other than the selected 'speakerphone' when placing outgoing calls.  I routinely use a Catalina (the CX200) with a Nortel Bluetooth headset and there are two ways to get outgoing calls to work on the headset: either press the headset button to go 'off-hook' or immediately after a call is placed you can hit the toolbar button to toggle the speakerphone on/off.

I've got some details on the experience with multiple devices here: http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=39

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 12:27 PM
  • Hi Paul,

This is currently a bug. Whenever a call is made from the OC  UI, the call will be automatically flow through the device selected in the second page Page 2 SpeakerPhone/Microphone Device.

But since you may have configured CX200 in this page, the call flows through the speakerphone. Hence we are improving the Audio Video Tuning Wizard and Introducing Mulitiple Hid Features to solve the problem.

We are working out some solution to solve this.

Thanks!

.ram

usb devices

~Ram | SDET, Office Communicator Devices/Sound Team
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 4:32 PM
  • This is good to hear.   A few of us are using Jabra M5390 headsets and noticed this.  I thought it was an issue with the Jabra device.
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:57 PM
  • This is good to hear.   A few of us are using Jabra M5390 headsets and noticed this.  I thought it was an issue with the Jabra device.

This is our current design of A/V tuning wizard
    ~Ram | SDET, Office Communicator Devices/Sound Team
    Monday, June 22, 2009 11:52 PM