Write text on video RRS feed

• Question

•   Hello.

How to write text on video background , look like karaoke program ?

Thankyou very much.

• Moved by KareninstructorMVP Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:45 AM Abusive thread in VB.NET where I could had removed it completely but felt compelled to keep it for future reference as it may be needed
    • Moved by Dave PatrickMVP Sunday, January 18, 2015 3:55 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:16 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can try using FFMPEG or Mencoder by starting them with the Process class and sending the correct commands in the Arguments of the Process. However, you can add subtitles to a video without doing anything to the video. You can create your own (.srt) file using Notepad or in VB.Net.

You just need to create a text file using the UTF-8 encoder and write the times and the text to the file and save it in the same folder as the video with the same name as the video but, use .srt as the extension for the text file.

Most any video player now days will read the (.srt) file and display the subtitle text at the specified times as long as it is in the same directory and has the same name. The (.srt) file is formatted exactly like this with a blank line between each subtitle.

00:00:05,000 --> 00:00:10,000
    This text shows from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.

00:00:15,500 --> 00:00:25,500
    This text shows from 15.5 seconds to
    25.5 seconds.

The first text line(s) will display from 00:00:05 until 00:00:10. Then the second text line(s) displays from 00:00:15.5 until 00:00:25.5.

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Monkeyboy Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:54 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:18 PM
  •  Hi IronRazerz.

You can read this ,before speak silly !!!!

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?785739-Write-text-on-video-background&p=4819809#post4819809

Silly, Really? Silly is not giving any information about what you are doing and how you are doing it and expecting someone to answer you or write code for you. That is silly !!! If you would have given us the info that you gave at that link before you spit out that smart little comment, i would have most likely been able to help you. Oh well, that happens when you bite the hand that feeds you as they say. Good Luck !!!

• Edited by IronRazerz Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:08 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Mr. Monkeyboy Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:52 PM
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:57 AM

All replies

• How to write text on video background , look like karaoke program ?

This editor provides a procedure to overlay text onto the video you are editing.    There are many other video editors that support a similar feature.

http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:20 AM
  • Hi,

You can try using FFMPEG or Mencoder by starting them with the Process class and sending the correct commands in the Arguments of the Process. However, you can add subtitles to a video without doing anything to the video. You can create your own (.srt) file using Notepad or in VB.Net.

You just need to create a text file using the UTF-8 encoder and write the times and the text to the file and save it in the same folder as the video with the same name as the video but, use .srt as the extension for the text file.

Most any video player now days will read the (.srt) file and display the subtitle text at the specified times as long as it is in the same directory and has the same name. The (.srt) file is formatted exactly like this with a blank line between each subtitle.

00:00:05,000 --> 00:00:10,000
    This text shows from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.

00:00:15,500 --> 00:00:25,500
    This text shows from 15.5 seconds to
    25.5 seconds.

The first text line(s) will display from 00:00:05 until 00:00:10. Then the second text line(s) displays from 00:00:15.5 until 00:00:25.5.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Monkeyboy Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:54 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:18 PM
  •  Hello admin of Microsoft .

Where are you ?

Can you help me ,hic hic....

There is not a class in .Net to do this. You can use one of the 3rd party Applications i suggested (ffmpeg or mencoder) or you can search for another 3rd party Application or dll that can do this.

Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:11 AM
  •  Hi IronRazerz.

You can read this ,before speak silly !!!!

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?785739-Write-text-on-video-background&p=4819809#post4819809

Silly, Really? Silly is not giving any information about what you are doing and how you are doing it and expecting someone to answer you or write code for you. That is silly !!! If you would have given us the info that you gave at that link before you spit out that smart little comment, i would have most likely been able to help you. Oh well, that happens when you bite the hand that feeds you as they say. Good Luck !!!

• Edited by IronRazerz Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:08 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Mr. Monkeyboy Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:52 PM
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:57 AM
  •  Boring ,this forum not have admin.

only some silly mans , as IronRazerz ....

Apparently this Silly man knows how to do what you want though. It is to bad you let your attitude and lack of information stand in the way of getting help.

If you really want help then you need to read this thread. It explains how to post a question. That includes posting as many Details and as much Information as you can about what you are doing, how you are doing it, and what part you are having trouble with.

How to Use this Forum & FAQ (Read Before Making Your First Thread)

If giving this information is not up your ally then maybe you need to check the Paid Programmer ads to find someone that will take you under there wing and fix your app for you. You might get lucky and find one that can read your mind and will know everything you want to do without any information at all from you. I bet if you pay them enough they will let you call them an "admin" too.

• Edited by IronRazerz Saturday, January 17, 2015 2:08 PM
    Saturday, January 17, 2015 11:29 AM
  • Thanks Acamar.

I want to write text on video background by vb.net ,not by software ,hic hic....

You mean you want to plagiarize anybody elses code? Cause you couldn't write your name in VB.Net.

La vida loca

Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:07 AM
  • Hello,

You asked for an moderator, what is the problem? Also I would highly advise providing more information, the more specific you are the better the responses.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:40 AM
  • Okay, I read many of the replies here and feel this thread has gone South so I am moving this question to an off-topic forum. Heed my last reply and if you can be specific and write in good English you are welcome to post again.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:43 AM
  •    Hi silly man and baby man IronRazerz .

Do you know vb.net ? ,i think you don't know because you are only silly man ,ha ha .....

It seems to me that you`re the one that can`t figure it out so, it is obvious that i must know .Net better than you.

I almost feel bad for you because, you only have the communication skills of a whiny spoiled rotten little 3 year old that skinned his knee and wants his mommy to come and kiss his booboo to make it all better.

You could just go back to whatever website you copied and pasted the code from that you are calling "your own" and ask them to kiss your booboo and make it better for you. Just make sure you don`t forget to leave out all the details about what your doing and be sure to insult them when they try to help too, because that always helps to get a quick answer.

Have a nice life when you finally grow up and get one.

Sunday, January 18, 2015 7:01 AM
  •   Hi booboo man IronRazerz .

I can not understand what you say , do you know vb.net ,C # .

I think you only boo boo ,because you are only baby girl ha ha ....

Sunday, January 18, 2015 7:40 AM