How to recover FOUND.000 folder with F*******.CHK files inside USB after windows xp pro sp2 restart with the USB

Question

• i have pc at home, not knowing what would happen when i put on the USB(with files) on my pc before it turned on...
    a chkdsk made a scan on my USB before going to the desktop it was like only a blue screen with windows xp pro sp2 chkdsk on my USB automatically... when i arrived to the desktop i immediately open my USB coz i have work to do... when i opened the USB...no files/folders was found visible, then i go to folder options reveal hidden folder but still it doesnt reveal any folders/files, so i uncheck the "hide protected operating system files" then it only show the folder FOUND.000 then i opened the folder thinking that my files are inside the folder...but unfortunately it showed me F*******.CHK files like 1000 files like it...

i hope someone can help with my problem, i've done some what you first aids to recover some files like in the www.recuva.com but it does not recover my word files, excel files and others...
    Friday, October 02, 2009 12:07 PM

All replies

• This is Windows Home Server forums, best try and find a more appropriate forum to ask your question.

Having said that, I'm afraid your files are hosed. Perhaps a professional data recovery company can help you. If you choose to do that best leave the disk alone. Anything you do yourself will make it more difficult to recover the original files (if possible at all).
    Friday, October 02, 2009 1:20 PM