Hosting websites on WHS with aspx security RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have been developing websites for myself with visual studio web express 2005 for some time now. I especially like the dot net 2.0 security intergration for roles aurthentication and was looking foreward to hosting my site on WHS.

But there seems to be a problem with the login Aurthentication, on the development server the login aurthentication works fine but when I deploy the site to IIS 6 it will not post to the admin section of my site.

I have run sites for years on IIS 5 in XP pro and vista without issues, dose anyone have any Idear???

Myself I think it has something to do with the overall remote site accses, but I don't wish to dig to deep and screww something up and have to reinstall again

Any insite welcome  
    • Changed type paulslater Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:53 AM
    • Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:07 PM dev question (From:Windows Home Server Hardware and Installation)
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:52 AM

Answers

• Hi

I have been developing websites for myself with visual studio web express 2005 for some time now. I especially like the dot net 2.0 security intergration for roles aurthentication and was looking foreward to hosting my site on WHS.

But there seems to be a problem with the login Aurthentication, on the development server the login aurthentication works fine but when I deploy the site to IIS 6 it will not post to the admin section of my site.

I have run sites for years on IIS 5 in XP pro and vista without issues, dose anyone have any Idear???

Myself I think it has something to do with the overall remote site accses, but I don't wish to dig to deep and screww something up and have to reinstall again

Any insite welcome  

Maybe this blog post will help you:

Single Sign-on with ASP.NET on Windows Home Server
    http://blogs.msdn.com/brendangrant/archive/2009/03/09/single-sign-on-with-asp-net-on-windows-home-server.aspx

Explained: Forms Authentication in ASP.NET 2.0
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa480476.aspx

William Crawford
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:15 PM