Receiving emails in CRM 4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

When a recipeint receives an email created from CRM and replies to it, will that reply be recorded against the recepient's contact record in CRM?

A the moment the reply only comes back to the sender's Outlook inbox but an email does not get created against the recipeients contact record. The email has a CRM tracking token.

Is this how CRM 4 works by default?

Cheers,

Stanley

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:37 AM

All replies

• Can you check if the Personal options of the user are set to track 'Email messages in response to CRM email' (Personal Options -> Email tab)?

Also, check if the user is setup for incoming email... User record -> Email access type -incoming

Mamta
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:30 AM
  • Yes, everything is set correctly. Under the email tab of personal settings I have set it to 'All messages' Looks like messages are only saved when I send messages from Outlook but not from an external email program like Hotamil, Yahoo etc..
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 2:30 AM
  • Can you explain your email configuration a little more clearly? In this first post you said that emails were being sent from CRM (using the CRM email form?) or sent using Outlook (using Track in CRM with the CRM for Outlook client?).

In your last post, you want emails sent from Hotmail and Yahoo to be tracked in CRM. CRM doesn't have a feature to track emails sent by a CRM user using Yahoo or Hotmail. The email has to be sent from the CRM application (using the CRM web form, workflow, direct e-mail, etc.) or sent from Outlook with the Track in CRM button enabled.

Replies received by a CRM user in their Outlook inbox will automatically be tracked in CRM if the user has specified this preference in their CRM options, and the replying email address is found in a lead, account or contact record in CRM.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Friday, February 18, 2011 1:51 PM