Dynamically change the Bing Map key using javascript after the key is expired RRS feed

• Question

• Hello experts,

I used Bing maps key ( using Javascript) inside  an application  that is a managed solution. after 90 days the key is expired, then how i can update my bing map key in that solution dynamically, the problem is 

1. Again we are updating the bing map key at code level and  new solution again. it looks not right. for that do we need to write any custom code to develop,or any other options to update the bing map key. 

So can any one suggest for How  things to be done dynamically when the key is expired.

Thanks @crm2014

Friday, March 28, 2014 7:37 AM

All replies

• Could you provide some information, which solution you are using and how it's storing key ?? I hope it will have some interface to update that key otherwise you should be able to create a app to update js webresource for key.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Friday, March 28, 2014 7:57 AM
  • Hello, I am using hardcoded key in my application as follows, this is a html application that is inside a managed solution 

function GetMap() { map = new Microsoft.Maps.Map(document.getElementById("mapDiv"), { credentials: "INSERT_KEY_HERE",-----------> my key here I hard coded zoom: 3, center: new Microsoft.Maps.Location(40.347, -94.218), mapTypeId: Microsoft.Maps.MapTypeId.birdseye }); }

1. I am accessing application my ribbon button click ,the html page should show the bingmap (if key is not expired).if key expired the map shows the URL for

bingmap key registration, user registers new key but how the application can collect that bing map key and get updated.

Thanks

• Edited by 2014crm Friday, March 28, 2014 9:10 AM
    Friday, March 28, 2014 9:10 AM
  • You should be using an Enterprise key inside of CRM and not a trial key. All Internal apps like CRM require a Bing Maps license. Swapping out trial keys to keep things going in production is not allowed. Once you update your code to use an Enterprise key you don't need to worry about dynamically updating it. You can find information on licensing here: http://www.microsoft.com/maps/Licensing/licensing.aspx

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Monday, August 18, 2014 2:55 PM