WHS installation on a HP Proliant ML150 Server (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz) RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed my WHS trial on an HP ProLiant ML150 G2 server. With some errors during the installation (bluescreens, reboot and resume installation), I installed WHS SP1. But the system ATM is not functionnal. Here are the errors I'm getting in the hardware manager :

• HP nc-series Intel n1e driver for Windows server 2003
    • Hp nc-series broadcom online firmware upgrade utillity
    • Hp nc-series intel driver for windows 2003
    • Hp nc-series broadcom 1gb driver for windows 2003
    • Intel(r) e7525/e7520/e7320 pci express root port a1 - 3595 
    • Intel(r) e7525/e7520/e7320 pci express root port a0 - 3596
    • Intel(r) 6300esb USB universal host controller - 25AA
    • Intel(r) 6300esb USB2 universal host controller - 25AD

All the items above are giving me the following error :

Code 35
    Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update.

I've download all the server's hardware drivers and software for Windows Server 2003 - 32bit, but when I tried to install, it doesn't recognise the operating system ...

Is there anyway to "hack" the operating system name or version in the registry so that the setup utility recocgnise the OS ? Is there anyway to install Windows Server 2003 32bit, install all my drivers and then modify it to Windows Home Server ?

Thank you !

Monday, December 15, 2008 10:25 PM

Answers

• If you can extract the .inf files for the drivers you can install them manually using the device manager.  Select update driver on the device you want to update and point the wizard to the correct location to search.

Also you can try to run the setup program in the compatibility mode that you desire.  You change compatibility by right clicking on the exe and selecting properties.

• Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Sunday, December 21, 2008 5:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fred And Co Monday, January 12, 2009 1:19 AM
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:05 PM

All replies

• Anyone ?
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:47 PM
  • If you can extract the .inf files for the drivers you can install them manually using the device manager.  Select update driver on the device you want to update and point the wizard to the correct location to search.

Also you can try to run the setup program in the compatibility mode that you desire.  You change compatibility by right clicking on the exe and selecting properties.

• Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Sunday, December 21, 2008 5:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fred And Co Monday, January 12, 2009 1:19 AM
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:05 PM