Vista Vs Windows Live One Care 2.0 RRS feed

• General discussion

• The Battle Field Windows The war WLOC 2.0

I'm on my 4th reinstall and Errors Mentioned and Known Others I'm still tracking and don't have enough info yet on to say anything.

But Vista and WLOC 2.0 are fighting like cats and dogs 32 error reports sent in a single day prompted reinstall #4 today this might be a beta I might have to quit because normal trouble shooting isn't working WLOC 1.0 had firewall issues 1.5 ran pretty good, This build a Nightmire so far.

It needs a lot of fixing and cleaning up BIG Time.

The only thing barely working is The Spy&Virus Scans that I got working but the rest of the features and this firewall.

Also the Automatic Print and file sharing is hosed I got 6 links of of the Same printer shared all with a OC0000000 Number as the name of the computer. in the Networking folder that shows the network devices

Update: Turns out The real Battle was a Windows Live ID server and accounts reprovisioning.

Monday, July 16, 2007 2:52 AM

All replies

• Can you please send us the support log generated from the computer that got "6 links"? You can generate support log by running c:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\OneCareSupport.exe

Thanks

Neeraj

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:46 AM
  • The links were in Networks in Vista and event viewer or Wloc suipport logging did not report anything it just happened all my logs are in the feed back forum. not sure but the 6 vanished from the network folder now there's only one which isn't used right now but if I get a laptop it might direct it to use the OC link in networks.

Networks folder in Vista same thing as My Networks in xp or older windows

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:04 PM