MSx Virus RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have windows live one care on my pc I was playing some 80's video games on line and got a MSx virus and live one care did not catch it. Is there a way to get live one care to remove it. It is not noticing it. If not is there a free download that can get rid of this thing. If anyone has an answer please email me at markandkatharine@yahoo.com
    Sunday, September 28, 2008 1:58 AM

Answers

• Markandkatharine,

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.  Here are the instructions for contacting a Support Agent for Windows Live OneCare if you are running into an infection issue.

Start Here:

1.       Open OneCare by Double Clicking the OneCare Icon in the Taskbar.

2.       Click Get help with OneCare

3.       Click Show me more topics

4.       Click Contact support in the middle of the webpage

5.       Click Contact Support  in the bottom right corner of the webpage

6.       Click Get support

7.       Select the Billing Support or Technical Support Bubble

8.        Answer the questions appropriately, you will be guided to an agent if you have a paid subscription or email support if you have a trial version.

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.

Rick, MS

Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:17 PM

All replies

• i have the same ********** *** and i'm scanning my computer now with avast and ad aware
    Sunday, September 28, 2008 8:22 PM
  • google for ms antivirus remove
    Sunday, September 28, 2008 9:54 PM
  • Markandkatharine,

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.  Here are the instructions for contacting a Support Agent for Windows Live OneCare if you are running into an infection issue.

Start Here:

1.       Open OneCare by Double Clicking the OneCare Icon in the Taskbar.

2.       Click Get help with OneCare

3.       Click Show me more topics

4.       Click Contact support in the middle of the webpage

5.       Click Contact Support  in the bottom right corner of the webpage

6.       Click Get support

7.       Select the Billing Support or Technical Support Bubble

8.        Answer the questions appropriately, you will be guided to an agent if you have a paid subscription or email support if you have a trial version.

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.

Rick, MS

Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:17 PM
  • Thank You Rick

They posted this thread in the off topic forum and I moved them here, I knew someone would know the answer.

chuck

Monday, September 29, 2008 3:49 AM
  •  Markandkatharine wrote:

I have windows live one care on my pc I was playing some 80's video games on line and got a MSx virus and live one care did not catch it. Is there a way to get live one care to remove it. It is not noticing it. If not is there a free download that can get rid of this thing. If anyone has an answer please email me at markandkatharine@yahoo.com

If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare did not detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx  for details.  For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve

Monday, September 29, 2008 6:02 PM
  • I have not yet figured out how to remove it, but it can easily be defeated.  Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, which brings up the task manager.  Then, end the MSx process, which will stop the pop-up during your session.  This has to be done each time you restart a session, but it takes only a few seconds.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 4:41 PM
  •  

you have to download malwarebytes anti malware... it worked for me
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 5:24 PM