failed to sync RRS feed

• Question

• Have been using mesh for  a while but got two problems yesterday:

1. when connect to online desktop, it pop up an error saying "can not find URL for online desktop"

2.  in notifier, I saw the news about the file synced, but the new file was not actually uploaded to online desktop...

Any hint to solve the problems?

Thanks 

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 2:47 PM

Answers

• 1 minute sure doesn't seem long as there are a number of things happening when it uploads a file (or downloads one) and it does not use all bandwidth available for the connection/transfer.

I don't understand what you mean by "connect to online desk from console." I assume that you mean that you open the notifier, click on the computers/devices icon and then click on Live Desktop and this fails. If that's true, is this on the same PC that is failing to sync? if so, try uninstalling and reinstalling Live Mesh on that machine. Failing that, remove the machine from the Mesh at www.mesh.com and uninstall/reinstall again.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 2:56 PM

All replies

• Is the problem still ongoing today? There have been a number of reported issues over the past week or so with Sync and remote connectivity.

I've never heard of the error you are reporting.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 3:56 PM
  • Thanks for reply.

still can not connect to online desk from the console.  I have to access it through the web.

Also, do you know why it takes MESH so long (about 1 minute) to upload a 25k file??

Thursday, April 8, 2010 1:17 AM
  • 1 minute sure doesn't seem long as there are a number of things happening when it uploads a file (or downloads one) and it does not use all bandwidth available for the connection/transfer.

I don't understand what you mean by "connect to online desk from console." I assume that you mean that you open the notifier, click on the computers/devices icon and then click on Live Desktop and this fails. If that's true, is this on the same PC that is failing to sync? if so, try uninstalling and reinstalling Live Mesh on that machine. Failing that, remove the machine from the Mesh at www.mesh.com and uninstall/reinstall again.

-steve

Thursday, April 8, 2010 2:56 PM