none
How to send message to another user?

Question

• Is there any possibility to contact with another user on forum? I know his MSDN profile name but I don't know his e-mail.
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:38 PM

Answers

• Hey there,

There is no Private Message function available on these forums. Meaning the only way to contact the user is to email him/her or shout them out on a thread. However, asking for a users Personal Information could be against the Forum Code of Conduct.

If they are an MVP, you could search for them using the MVP website, where it will give you their MVP email address, and any other contact information.

I hope all of this helps you with your question.

Regards,

• Marked as answer by _torpederos_ Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:24 PM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:43 PM

All replies

• Hey there,

There is no Private Message function available on these forums. Meaning the only way to contact the user is to email him/her or shout them out on a thread. However, asking for a users Personal Information could be against the Forum Code of Conduct.

If they are an MVP, you could search for them using the MVP website, where it will give you their MVP email address, and any other contact information.

I hope all of this helps you with your question.

Regards,

• Marked as answer by _torpederos_ Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:24 PM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:43 PM
  • Too bad, I want to contact with user "torpederos" because I'm using this nickname on all other developer's sites. Here I have to use "_torpederos_" nickname. User "tordeperos" has no activity so I thought he could change his nickname to something different. 
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:58 PM
  • Unfortunately it happens.

Names are under a first come first serve bases. So once it has been taken, it has been taken.

My nickname is the same on here, Microsoft Community forums. However, on the Xbox Forums, and Office 365 forums, they are completely different.

Glad, however, I am mainly active on the Microsoft Community forums though. Unfortunately even a Moderator, with the right powers, can change the name for you. This is because it will go against their policies. As, especially on the MC Community, we are not allowed to edit the content of posts, nor edit information that is not against the code of conduct set.  This will more then likely be the same for these guys on here.

So really, the only way to contact them is like I have stated above.

Sorry I can't help much more then this,

Regards,

Note, I do not work for Microsoft, and I am not a Moderator on these forums. I am only a Moderator on the Microsoft community forums (Answers.microsoft.com)

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:06 PM