none
About some Answering statistics RRS feed

Answers

• It was reported a few months ago (long before the recent forums redesign) that these statistics did not change for weeks, maybe months. I believe the statistics were updated once, maybe two months ago, but again remained frozen.

Since the forums redesign, the statistics are different, but again they have not changed (they used to be updated daily). So really, the issue is the same (and known). In addition, while before the redesign the statistics were specific to the forum, now they apply to the entire forum platform. That is, there is one set for all TechNet and one for all MSDN forums. There have been complaints that this is less useful. Your screen shot is for MSDN.

In any forum or list of threads, you can filter on "Answered", "Unanswered", "Proposed Answers", "No Replies", etc. This might be more useful to you. There are also ways to search for threads meeting certain conditions (like ones you replied to) by modifying the url, but that is for advanced users. If your are interested, this Wiki article describes how to do it:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/6453.how-to-use-the-search-in-the-msdntechnet-forums-and-library.aspx

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Saturday, June 29, 2013 4:02 PM

All replies

• It was reported a few months ago (long before the recent forums redesign) that these statistics did not change for weeks, maybe months. I believe the statistics were updated once, maybe two months ago, but again remained frozen.

Since the forums redesign, the statistics are different, but again they have not changed (they used to be updated daily). So really, the issue is the same (and known). In addition, while before the redesign the statistics were specific to the forum, now they apply to the entire forum platform. That is, there is one set for all TechNet and one for all MSDN forums. There have been complaints that this is less useful. Your screen shot is for MSDN.

In any forum or list of threads, you can filter on "Answered", "Unanswered", "Proposed Answers", "No Replies", etc. This might be more useful to you. There are also ways to search for threads meeting certain conditions (like ones you replied to) by modifying the url, but that is for advanced users. If your are interested, this Wiki article describes how to do it:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/6453.how-to-use-the-search-in-the-msdntechnet-forums-and-library.aspx

Saturday, June 29, 2013 4:02 PM
  • But it doesn't help me:(

Am I wrong?

If you think one reply solves your problem, please mark it as An Answer, if you think someone's reply helps you, please mark it as a Proposed Answer

Help by clicking:
    Click here to donate your rice to the poor
    Click to Donate
    Click to feed Dogs & Cats

Found any spamming-senders? Please report at: Spam Report

Sunday, June 30, 2013 5:38 AM
  • You are right. The meta data search techniques seem to no longer work. I get results when I search for my own name, but the total is far fewer than it should be. Results seem to be from late 2011 and early 2012.

The developers claim to have improved the search functionality with the recent forums redesign. It must have broken the meta data search.

Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:48 PM
  • I know that the forum has been improved a lot, but to be very honest, it's still a long way and there are lots of things Microsoft can consider to do to make the forum better;)

If you think one reply solves your problem, please mark it as An Answer, if you think someone's reply helps you, please mark it as a Proposed Answer

Help by clicking:
    Click here to donate your rice to the poor
    Click to Donate
    Click to feed Dogs & Cats

Found any spamming-senders? Please report at: Spam Report

Monday, July 1, 2013 4:28 AM