Where is the "Customize backup for the computer" option? RRS feed

• Question

• I have five PCs connected to my Windows Home Server 2011. Four of them are backing up just fine. One is not. In the dashboard, the four backed up PCs all have an option to "customize backup for the computer" when right-clicked. The one that is not backed up does not. All five machines are running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate with SP1.

What's going on?

Saturday, August 6, 2011 4:05 AM

All replies

• It does not show up in the Dashboard for computers which have connected but where Backup Status shows as "Not set up". I assume that you have set up the computer to back up? Do you have any Add-ins installed?
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Saturday, August 6, 2011 4:19 AM
  • Well, the backup status for all five PCs showed "Unknown", so I remoted into the server and checked the status of the backup service and it was not running.

After starting it the dashboard now shows backup status as "Successful" for two machines, "Unsuccessful" for two machines and "Unknown" for the machine that was not originally backing up. That machine of the five is still the only one that does not have an option to "customize backup for the computer".

This problem machine was recently added and I was never able to configure backup for it.

FYI, I have one addin installed - the Cloudberry cloud backup service.

Saturday, August 6, 2011 9:24 PM
  • I have the same problem. I installed WHS 2011 and ran the connector software on a Win 7 client. the Backup status on the Dashboard for this client

is Unknown. Under Tasks, there is NO option to "Customize Backup for the computer".

Sunday, October 23, 2011 12:57 AM
  • If you initialize a backup on that computer manually, what happens?

if it stops shortly after, you may check the event log of the computer as well. Maybe there are some related errors or warnings in the application or system log.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:55 PM
  • Hi, bumping this old thread...

I've got the same problem. All computers exept the lates added shows up ok, the last added has no "customize backup.."-button, and backup status is unknown. I've tried reinstalling the backupclient. The client is a Lenovo w-series with its original image/software installed.

bage

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:00 PM