Back Up Server To ReadyNAS NV+ possible ?? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using WHS for about a month now and really like the idea of the backups.
    I have a Netgear REadyNAS NV+ that has become rather unused since I have built the WHS, but I would like to backup my WHS to the ReadyNAS.
    I  am at a loss at how to do this apart from manually dragging the files across using explorer.
    As far as I can tell my problem is the WHS server cant see the ReadyNAS NV+ because (obviously) I cant install the connector software on the ReadyNAS.
    Any help on this is appreciated.  THANKS
    Monday, August 25, 2008 12:52 AM

Answers

• Windows Home Server doesn't support the use of network storage through the console, so there is no way to use your NAS as a Windows Home Server backup drive.

However, it's possible to use a tool such as robocopy or synctoy on your server to copy files from your server shares to your NAS device. You can even set the copy up to run on a schedule. You'll need to install the utility on your server using Remote Desktop (or a directly connected keyboard, video, and mouse) and create the scheduled task yourself.
    Monday, August 25, 2008 2:25 AM